Thursday, June 25, 2009

Why I Can't Be Green....

Every time I think of this subject, I think of Kermit the Frog singing; "Its Not Easy Being Green". Except, I sort of want to sing it "Its Just Not Possible to be Green!"

Now, while I will submit to green ways of doing things for frugality's sake, often times, and I do know that some things that I do to be on the cheap happen to be green, I do not and can not set out to be green.

Examples:
I will re-use a bag at Aldi to keep from having to buy one.
I will make homemade products because they are cheaper.
I don't litter.
I don't pour chemicals on my yard that would endanger my food supply from my garden.
etc

And I won't snarl my nose if you want to be green!
If you wanna be green, be green...or purple or blue or pink!
I don't much care.

BUT, there are a couple of things about this green thing that really bugs me!
-Al Gore is in charge of it, basically
-I don't believe about 99% of what they are saying
-I've heard and read some of both sides and I choose to believe the other side (you know, those thirty-one thousand plus scientists???)
-I don't believe in the religion (that's what it is now) of Global Warming
-I do believe the Bible and what it says about the weather!
-I don't want the government MAKING IT LAW to recycle, reduce, re-use OR make me drive a cracker box for a car!
-I want to continue to have "freedom"! You can choose to be green and I will choose to be ...Oh, I don't know...out in the country minding my own business!
-I don't want the government determining what I HAVE to drive! If you want to drive a go-cart, okay...but if I can ever afford an SUV, I want to drive that!

You see, its freedoms that I don't want harmed in this thing.
There are two sides to it!
There are two SCIENTIFIC views on these issues.

If the government is allowed to make some of these things mandatory- we will lose some of our freedoms. If they continue to chisel away at our freedoms....Well, we all know what could happen.

But in closing, there is a verse in the Bible that deals with Global Warming.
AND, I will believe God ANY DAY above Al Gore and his scientists!

Gen 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

No comments:

Post a Comment